THE Scottish golf season may be reaching itsconclusion, but that doesn’t mean the Scottish Golf Union staff put down their tools - far from it!
The winter period is as busy as ever, with many off-season projects undertaken. One of our main focuses is on continuing to support clubs up and down the country, with the 2012/13 SGU Club Seminars a hugely important tool in this commitment.
Over the coming weeks, the annual Club Seminars hit the road once again, touring regional venues across Scotland to present the latest initiatives, insights and updates across a fresh agenda of topics. Inviting along club managers, secretaries, committee members and PGA professionals from golf clubs, the seminars provide vital information on a range of initiatives.
Four places per club are available, with the option of an afternoon or evening seminar. There are 15 venues and dates to choose from this year, commencing at Murcar Links on October 23 through to Bothwell Castle on February 20, 2013. Sessions will include the following topics:
• A brief summary of the uptake by clubs of our extensive range of Club Support Services;
• The new SGU Club Development Fund - examples of how your club may benefit;
• The benefits of the new Business Planning Support Service available to you and your club;
• A short video and summary of the Scottish Golf Management Development programme;
• The benefits of Social Media for Scottish Golf Clubs to be discussed;
• A brief Question & Answer session.
To book a place, complete and return a booking form which can be downloaded from www.scottishgolf.org. Places are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so book early to avoid disappointment.
The full SGU Club Seminar Schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday, October 23, Murcar Links GC
• Wednesday, October 24, Loch Ness GC
• Tuesday, November 6, Downfield GC
• Wednesday, November 7, Balbirnie Park GC
• Tuesday, November 13, Dunblane New GC
• Wednesday, November 14, Haggs Castle GC
• Tuesday, November 20, Castle Douglas GC
• Wednesday, November 21, Prestwick St Nicholas GC
• Wednesday, December 5, Glencorse GC
• Thursday, December 6, Hirsel GC
• Wednesday, January 9, 2013, Cairnbaan Hotel (Lochgilphead)
• Thursday, January 10, Hilton Park GC
• Wednesday, January 30, Murrayshall GC
• Tuesday, February 19, Renfrew GC
• Wednesday, February 20, Bothwell Castle GC
For more information and the booking form, log on to www.scottishgolf.org/go/clubservices/education/seminars