â€¢ Nike Golf releases Method Converge putter
â€¢ Features innovative ‘CounterFlex’ technology
â€¢ Customise weight of your putter quickly and easilyÂ
It has today unveiled its new Method Converge putter, designed to help golfers achieve their ideal equilibrium.
It features innovative CounterFlex technology: a 75-gram moveable weight system that is located inside the grip and can be adjusted on a 15-inch slide.
Cooked up in Nikeâ€™s acclaimed golf research and design facility, â€˜The Ovenâ€™, CounterFlex technology changes the clubâ€™s moment of inertia and the overall swing weight, ensuring â€˜anchor-like stabilityâ€™ that can be adjusted to suit any stroke.
Nike Master Modelmaker David Franklin explained that the new tech came from detailed research into when, where and why golfers perform to their best on the greens.
â€œOur research tells us that only 30% of golf athletes found his or her best match of rhythm and tempo when the weight was locked in the top of the slide, as is the case with most fixed mass counter-balanced putters,â€ said Frankin. â€œThe remaining 70% played better when the 75 grams were located in the middle or bottom position.
â€œWith CounterFlex we have infinite positions for the weight, so athletes can actually tune it to get their delivery and timing smoothed out and perfect at impact.â€
He added: â€œOne of the key components to putting is a stable stroke and delivery at impact. Whether youâ€™re a tour player or an amateur, CounterFlex offers adjustability to tune the putter to get the most stable delivery at impact.â€
Full full specs and prices for the Nike Golf Method Converge putter, log-on to nike.com
Originally published on bunkered on October 27, 2015.